Motor City Brass Band Mission and DEI Statements
Motor City Brass Band is a nationally recognized British-style Brass Band that promotes the art form by entertaining southeast Michigan audiences with high quality performances and community outreach, while engaging new musicians with exceptional instruction and performance opportunities.
- Pursue continuous improvement in the musical excellence of the ensemble, achieving distinction in both local performances and national competitions
- Attract and retain a diverse group of musicians, board members and volunteers who share a commitment to the art form
- Maintain a strong organizational structure to ensure fiscal responsibility, artistic innovation, engaging marketing, and administrative procedures
- Cultivate meaningful alliances with leaders in the business, arts, and education communities
- Support the continued growth of the Motor City Academy Brass Band as an integral element of MCBB
- Grow outreach programs to underserved communities, youth and seniors
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Motor City Brass Band is committed to being a welcoming, inclusive cultural organization, one whose members and audiences reflect the diverse communities of southeast Michigan. Brass banding enjoys a distinctive niche in the arts and cultural space; we can only reach our fullest potential with
the inclusion of all people. We will continually challenge ourselves to identify ways to become more diverse, inclusive and equitable as we deliver extraordinary performances throughout the region.